Preparing to travel to Afghanistan can require up to several documents depending on the nature of your visit, and what citizenship you have. There are three different visas one can apply for: a NGO Visa, a Travel/Tourist Visa and a business Visa. You can receive a Visa through the Afghanistan Consulate or through third parties like, Ahmed Barak whose company Afghan Tours & Travel, will work with you every step of the Visa process.
Before you decide to move forward with obtaining a Visa directly through the Consulate or a third party, you must make sure you have all of the following documents handy to make your Visa process easier:
- Have a current passport that is valid at least six months beyond when you plan to travel.
- Amendment pages are not usable for this country, so you need to have a blank visa page available for the stamp. If you are running out of pages, you have to get a new one.
- Two passport photos. They need to fulfill the measurement requirements of a passport photo of being three to four centimeters, in color, and make sure you are facing front and the background is light.
- Documented proof of when you are leaving and returning. This can be achieved by simply printing out your flight itinerary.
- A letter of intent outlining the purpose of your visit as well as the places you plan on visiting and how long you will be staying must be included in this letter.
- If you are applying for a Business Visa- your place of employment is required to write this for you.
- Contact information while in Afghanistan and where you will be staying is also required
Ahmed Barak has many years of experience in traveling to Afghanistan under his belt, and has acquired knowledge in the best way to travel to Afghanistan! If you are planning on traveling to Afghanistan sometime in the near future, please consider booking your flight with Afghan Tours & Travel.